Thursday 26 June 2014

Multiple Intelligences

As a young learner I always felt like I was missing something in the classroom . I loved learning new things but the methods of teaching was not working for me . I always felt there had to be other ways to approach it .

When I came to University and I heard about Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences , I though it was the most BRILLIANT thing I have ever heard . I could immediately place myself under specific intelligences and then I understood why I struggled in school . I was different and I needed to be taught differently . This is why I am a strong believer of this theory . These intelligences will make learning interesting for every learner and will ensure success in the classroom for all learners.

I came across this article about the multiple intelligences by Bruce Campbell . Although it is a bit out of date , I though it was a very interesting and helpful article .

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree!! I want to strive to apply this in my classroom one day and cater for all the different learning styles and intelligences. However, doing this is easier said than done and it would be nice if we could share ideas of how to create lessons that take every learner into account regradless.
    Take a look at this interesting read about multiple intelligence and how Gardner's theory can be applied in schools.
    http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-immersion-enota-how-to

    ReplyDelete