Sunday 17 August 2014

Thought of the day

Today I stood with a sewing machine and realised I have no idea what to do with the thing. I though of the olden days when children learnt how to do these useful things from an early age. This is something I have never understood. Why did they remove those helpful subjects that contributed so much to a child skills and their ability to help themselves in daily challenges? Sewing, wood word, metal work, al these subjects prepared learners for every day life. Now learners get 100% in maths but doesn't know how to use a screwdriver, or is a science genius but doesn't know how to fix a button on a shirt.

This is just something that has bothered me for a while. Isn't school all about preparing learners for the 'real world'? I say these subjects are necessary in schools !



Image: http://prandplaycentre.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dscf0571.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment